1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith?
As a child my parents took us to church every Sunday. We didn’t talk about faith & God as much outside of church, but my parents sent me to parochial schools until I was 12.
2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not?
I don’t go to church anymore if that’s what you mean. Organized religion turns me off completely (especially Falwell & the 700 Club). I’ve participated in many denominations (Catholic, Episcopalian, Protestant, Baptist, etc) and the infighting is worse the politics. I find the organized folks to be hypocritical and the Catholic abuse scandal didn’t make me doubt my decisions any. Still I do have my own faith in God and I’m learning to live in that faith before I go preaching to others.
3. What do you think happens after death?
Karma plays a big part I hope.
4. What is your favorite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)?
I always liked church services during Christmas.
5. Do you believe people are basically good?
Hmmm… not sure. Lately, the world doesn’t seem like a fun place. I think the government does a lot without the public realizing it and I think the media is more subject to manipulation that it has been in the past.